Find rental support information available to you during Covid-19.

If you require rental support services during Covid-19, there is a range of information which may help.

Government, Local Councils, local organisations, service providers and individuals offer a range of rental support services for people who need it when impacted by Covid-19. Look at Australia Wide and your state or territory to find out more.

Australia Wide Support

Find information to help you with Rental Support during Covid-19

Tenancy Laws in Australia

Look for your State based Tenancy Union and talk to them about your Rights and Responsibilities in relation to your rental.. Click for more details. 

Rent Assistance - Centrelink

You may get Rent Assistance if you get certain payments from Centrelink (Services Australia) and pay rent. For more information click the link.

NIL Interest Loan for Rent

Good Shepherd in collaboration with the Government are providing NIL interest loans up to $3000 for rent payments. For more click the link below. 

State Wide Support


Rental Support in Victoria

Tenants Victoria

Tenants Victoria provides information, advice and legal representation to promote and protect the rights of Victorians who rent their homes.  Click for more.

Victorian Gov't

The Victorian Government has recently announced rent relief grants for Victorians experiencing rental hardship as a result of the coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis. Click for more.

CISVic Emergency Relief

Community Information & Support Victoria (CISVic) is the peak body representing local community information and support services. Our local services assist people experiencing personal and financial difficulties by providing information, referral and support services including Emergency Relief. Click for more.

South East Community Links

SECL Crisis Support (formerly known as Emergency Relief) service provides financial assistance for people experiencing unexpected financial hardship. Available to residents in the following postcode areas: 3169 Clayton South 3171 Springvale 3172 Springvale South 3173 Keysborough 3174 Noble Park 3175 Dandenong.  Click for more.

South Australia

Tenancy Support in South Australia

SA Tenancy Information

The South Australian Tenants' Information and Advisory Service (TIAS) is a free, independent service, helping people maintain their tenancies in private rental, community housing or public housing. Click for more

ACT - Australian Capital Territory

Tenancy Support in the ACT

Tenancy Advice Service ACT

We assist clients to understand and assert their legal rights and responsibilities under the Residential Tenancies Act 1997 (ACT) and to identify, address or prevent legal problems before they escalate into more significant matters

New South Wales

Rental Support in New South Wales

NSW Rental Assistance

NSW offers many options for rent assistance. Generally, with a few exceptions, you need to be an Australian citizen or permanent resident, and a resident of NSW. 

For more click the link 

NSW Tenants Union

The Tenants' Union of NSW is working hard to keep this information up to date. 

For more click the link 

Wesley Mission 

Wesley Mission can help you access practical support and services to avoid eviction and potential homelessness. For more click the link 


Tenancy Support in Queensland

Tenants Queensland

Tenants Queensland have developed a fact sheet for tenants and residents whose tenancies are affected by COVID-19. It deals with some of the common issues arising. Click for more

Northern Territory

Tenancy Support in Northern Territory

NT Tenants Advice Service

The Tenants’ Advice Service (TAS) is an NT-wide, community-based advice and advocacy service for residential tenants.

Call TIS National on 131 450

Western Australia

Tenancy Support in Western Australia

Tenancy WA

Protecting the right to housing for all tenants through advocacy, advice and education. Tenancy WA helps people who rent their home to resolve their tenancy problems. Click for more.


Tenancy Support in Tasmania

Tenants Union Tasmania

The Tenants’ Union of Tasmania is a specialist Community Legal Centre for residential tenants. Our aim is to secure the rights of all tenants by providing free legal advice. Click for more.